2018 Marion County Jr. Fair Livestock Sale
Saturday, July 7, 2018 at 9:00 AM
Evers Arena at the Marion County Fairgrounds
The 2018 Sale order is as follows: Sale of Champion starts at 9:00 a.m., all other times APPROXIMATE!
9:00amSale of Champion
WHAT IS THE JR. FAIR LIVESTOCK SALE?
Marion County youth that raise and show livestock at the Marion County Fair are able to sell their animals at the Marion County Jr. Fair Livestock Sale. Members and businesses of the community bid on and purchase these animals.
Purchased livestock can be resold at the market price on the day of the Sale. Or, the animals may be processed by the area’s meat processors for utilization of the meat for the buyer’s personal use.
WHAT IS IN IT FOR THE BUYER?
- Receive acknowledgment by listing all buyers in an AD in the Marion Star
- Sale of Champions broadcast LIVE on WMRN Sale Day
- Receive a plaque thanking you for supporting the sale (Includes picture of exhibitor and animal)
- Excellent way to support the 4H and FFA Youth of Marion County and invest in their future
- Purchase locally raised meat products for own use
Results from 2017
- 194 Business, Individuals and a Buyers clubs consisting of several supported the Jr Fair Livestock Sale by purchase of animals. See Buyers.
- 314 animals were sold.
- Animals costs were on average from $250 – $750.
HOW DOES THE SALE WORK?
Buyers have 3 options after the purchase of the animal.
Arrangements have been made for buyers who indicate livestock to be resold to pay only the DIFFERENCE between their bid price and market price.
Example: You purchase a 100 lb Lamb for $1.00 per pound. Market price for that day is $0.75 per lb. Your out of pocket cost is $0.25 per pound. Bid prices will be available sale day.
2. Have processed for own use:
The buyer may indicate to have their purchase processed for their own use. The buyer must indicate where they want their animals delivered. The buyer is responsible to contact the processor and make arrangements:
Animals processed at the following businesses will be hauled FREE!
Hoffman Meat Processing: (419) 864-3994
Links Country Meats: (419) 683-2195
3. Take home: (Does NOT apply to Swine)
Buyers are responsible for removing these animals from the fairgrounds
PAYMENT IS APPRECIATED SALE DAY
The Jr. Fair Exhibitors cannot be paid until all accounts are settled. Please make arrangements if payment is not possible. If you are going to have animals processed for yourself, tell the Clerk where the animals are going when you check out.
When you leave the sale – please settle at the Clerk’s Table located at the rear of the Arena.
WANT TO CONTRIBUTE BUT CAN’T ATTEND?
If you would like to participate in this opportunity to support the youth of Marion County, but are NOT able to attend on the day of the sale, please complete this form and include your contributions and return to the following address by Thursday July 5, 2018. To be listed in the sale day program, you must have this form submitted by 4:30 pm Thursday.